Alcoholic Beverage and Liquor License

Whether you need to acquire a liquor license, sell a liquor license, keep a liquor license, move a liquor license, expand the use of a liquor license, restrict a liquor license, or just need some advice about what you can do with a liquor license, McNees attorneys are ready and able to assist you. We are familiar with the workings of both the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) and the Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Liquor Control (DOLC), and routinely interface with personnel at PLCB and DOLC. We regularly assist clients in:

  • Locating and negotiating the purchase of a liquor license. 
  • Applying for an intermunicipal transfer of a liquor license. 
  • Applying for a liquor license and assisting in the PLCB or DOLC investigation for licensing. 
  • Applying for extended service or secondary service areas. 
  • Defending against enforcement actions pursued by the Pennsylvania State Police, Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement or Ohio Liquor Control Commission, respectively. 
  • Defending against PLCB or DOLC action in refusing to license an applicant. 
  • Providing advice on day-to-day operations of liquor license establishments.
  • Assisting manufacturers and distributors of alcoholic beverages with licensing issues and in developing and protecting brands, licensing, advertising and franchising.

With the collaborative efforts of our Business Counseling Group and Real Estate Group, McNees is also able to assist in creating an entity to own the liquor license and securing the property to place the liquor license.

  • Print this Page

Practice Contacts