Mechanized transportation has been a part of our everyday lives since the invention of the wheel, yet the industry of transportation is constantly changing. Today, Pennsylvania is at the forefront of a revolution in the transportation and distribution of goods. Uniquely situated as the gateway to the northeast, with several major national highway systems traversing the region, Central Pennsylvania has become a major hub of transportation, distribution and logistics. Did you know that transportation is the fourth largest employer in Pennsylvania? Or that this industry employs nearly 10% of Pennsylvania's workforce? Logistics represents the new wave in transportation growth. Logistics revenues in the U.S. tripled from $30 billion in 1996 to $90 billion in 2004. Transportation, distribution and logistics are major players in the Pennsylvania economy and McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC has a group of attorneys from a variety of disciplines who focus on this growth industry.
Our Services include:
- Business counseling and litigation on issues including transportation agreements, broker issues, third party logistics, warehousing and storage issues, bills of lading, and various types of contractual disputes.
- Defense of commercial vehicle owners and operators in vehicle accident litigation including complex multi-vehicle accidents, serious injury, and death.
- Vehicle code issues including defense of serious motor vehicle violations and driver licensing issues.
- Regulatory matters including representation before the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Public Utility Commission and counseling on compliance with the motor vehicle code, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, and other applicable laws.
- Vehicle size and weight issues including permit conditions, superloads, and defense of violations.
- Labor and employment issues including owner-operators, employee background screening, employee training, employee discipline and termination, and drug and alcohol testing.
McNees Wallace & Nurick’s Transportation, Distribution & Logistics Group regularly represents distribution facilities, third party logistics providers, national common carriers, LTL carriers, manufacturers with their own transportation fleet, small and single power unit trucking companies, and bus transportation providers. We are a member of the American Law Firm Association ("ALFA") and are active in ALFA's Transportation Law Group. In addition to representing your interests in Pennsylvania, through ALFA, we can connect you to a network of Transportation lawyers from around the world.