The McNees Insurance Recovery and Counseling Group represents the interests of businesses, public authorities, and professionals in insurance recovery matters. We handle insurance recovery issues from advising policy holders on the adequacy of their insurance coverage to suing insurance companies that do not honor legitimate claims. We have successfully handled insurance recovery cases involving coverage and bad faith, and recovered proceeds on behalf of business, public, and professional policy-holders in matters involving a range of commercial, public and professional insurance products. We offer solid, practical advice to our clients about the amount, type and scope of their insurance coverage.
We represent small, mid-sized and large businesses, public authorities, and professionals. Our clients include:
- Automobile Dealers
- Construction contractors
- Heavy equipment dealers
- Medical practitioners
- Public authorities
- Commercial real estate developers
- Business professionals
- Retail businesses
- Banks and other financial institutions
Our Insurance Recovery Practice
With decades of insurance experience we have developed sound knowledge of carrier practices and policy complexities. We know how to get effective coverage from the start. Our practice includes solutions involving insurance coverage with an emphasis on settlement of coverage disputes where possible without litigation. We have experience with dozens of insurance companies; including domestic and international insurers such as Lloyds' of London, St. Paul, Pennsylvania Manufacturers Assurance (PMA), Harleysville and many others.
We regularly handle the following matters:
- Insurance recovery involving:
- Commercial property (CGL)
- Professional negligence
- Errors and omissions (E&O)
- Directors and officers (D&O)
- Employment practices (EPLI)
- Workers compensation
- Excess and umbrella insurance and Re-insurance
- Intellectual property (trademarks and advertising)
- Disability, Life, Accident, and Health Insurance coverage
- Long Term Care
- Counseling of business, public and professional insureds regarding adequacy of coverage, claims handling, tax consequences and analysis of insurance policies.
- Handling matters before the Pennsylvania Insurance Department, including formal/informal complaints, hearings, negotiations, show cause orders, enforcement proceedings, rehabilitations and liquidations, and cancellation proceedings.