The McNees Insurance Group represents the interests of insurers, businesses, public authorities, and professionals in insurance defense, insurance coverage and bad faith matters. We advise policy holders on the adequacy of their insurance coverage. We have successfully handled insurance coverage cases involving breach of contract and bad faith. We offer solid, practical advice to our clients about the amount, type and scope of their insurance coverage.
We represent insurers, small, mid-sized and large businesses, public authorities, and professionals. Our clients include:
- Liability, Property, Casualty, Life Insurers
- Automobile Dealers
- Construction contractors
- Heavy equipment dealers
- Medical practitioners
- Public authorities
- Commercial real estate developers
- Business professionals
- Retail businesses
- Banks and other financial institutions
Our Insurance Group
With decades of insurance experience we have developed sound knowledge of carrier practices and policy complexities. We know how to assess coverage from the start. Our practice includes solutions involving insurance coverage with an emphasis on settlement of coverage disputes where possible without litigation. We have experience with dozens of insurance companies; including domestic and international insurers such as Lloyds' of London, St. Paul, Pennsylvania Manufacturers Assurance (PMA), Harleysville and many others.
We regularly handle the following matters:
- Insurance coverage and bad faith involving:
- Commercial property (CGL)
- Professional negligence
- Errors and omissions (E&O)
- Directors and officers (D&O)
- Employment practices (EPLI)
- Workers compensation
- Excess and umbrella insurance and Re-insurance
- Intellectual property (trademarks and advertising)
- Disability, Life, Accident, and Health Insurance coverage
- Long Term Care
- Counseling of business, public and professional insureds regarding adequacy of coverage, claims handling, tax consequences and analysis of insurance policies.
- Handling matters before the Pennsylvania Insurance Department, including formal/informal complaints, hearings, negotiations, show cause orders, enforcement proceedings, rehabilitations and liquidations, and cancellation proceedings.