The healthcare system in the United States continues to experience rapid and comprehensive change, creating legal complexities in regulatory compliance and increasing business competition for healthcare providers. McNees Wallace & Nurick healthcare attorneys have more than simply knowledge of the laws affecting the industry; we have an understanding of how to make them work for our clients. Since McNees healthcare attorneys practice primarily in health law, they are able to provide timely, cost-effective advice and counsel to healthcare clients.
Our clients include hospitals, health systems, physician groups, senior care facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, pharmacies, behavioral health providers, ambulance companies, healthcare trade associations, and health information technology companies.
We believe that our clients should be able to concentrate on the business of healthcare rather than the complexities of the latest regulations. Our clients depend on us for assistance in a variety of areas including:
- Healthcare mergers, sales and acquisitions
- Healthcare joint ventures
- Healthcare contracts
- Medical staff matters: disciplinary hearings, credentialing and peer review
- Fraud and abuse: stark laws, anti-kickback, compliance plans
- Federal tax and tax-exemption for healthcare providers: private letter rulings, intermediate sanctions/excess benefits
- State tax and tax-exemption for healthcare providers including PILOT agreements
- Business formation and syndication of LLCs, corporations, and partnerships
- Risk management / regulatory
- Health information technology
- HIPAA compliance
Additionally, our healthcare attorneys work closely with lawyers from McNees's other practice areas to provide a comprehensive range of legal services including: Labor and Employment, Employee Benefits, Real Estate, Intellectual Property, Environmental, Securities, Bankruptcy, Litigation, and more.