Look at any current newspaper, and the topic of the environment arises as a subject for debate. Every day, new controls are put into place to regulate every aspect of how businesses interact with the environment, from site contamination and clean-up to prevention. These businesses require expert legal guidance, to effectively work through the regulations, keep up on changing laws, offer support through litigation and assist through compliance efforts.
McNees Wallace & Nurick provides a full spectrum of environmental law services ranging from compliance counseling and auditing to state and federal litigation regarding environmental and toxic tort matters. Our extensive experience has helped industrial, commercial and international clients throughout Pennsylvania and other eastern and Mid-Western states to overcome a wide range of legal challenges which have arisen from today's pervasive environmental controls. Our dedicated team of lawyers understands all aspects of environmental law and toxic tort matters and offers counseling and advice on topics including:
- Environmental compliance counseling and auditing
- Counseling on environmental health and safety management
- State and federal litigation
- Contaminated site remediation
- Guidance on the impact of regulations on businesses and individuals
- Counseling regarding the environmental implications of business and real estate sales and acquisitions
- Defense of superfund claims brought on by the government or private party claims
- Negotiations with the DEP and EPA on compliance issues
- Litigation of government and private party claims, and criminal defense for environmental crimes
- Tort litigation, including defense of personal injury claims, medical monitoring and wrongful death due to exposure to toxic substances or contamination
- Government relation services before the Pennsylvania legislature and DEP regarding pending legislation and regulations
The experience, skills and focus of the Environmental Law Group at McNees Wallace & Nurick gives our clients access to full service environmental and toxic tort representation, with the personalized attention you can expect from a regional firm.
With analysis, insight and advice, we offer the foresight to help you avoid environmental problems, but when environmental issues do arise, our team defends your interests through negotiation and litigation.