Susan Bruce is a member of the firm's Energy, Communications, and Utility Group.
Her practice focuses mainly on representing commercial and industrial customers in their electricity, natural gas and water/wastewater procurement. In this respect, Susan has extensive experience before state regulatory agencies, legislatures and appellate courts as well as the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regarding the terms and conditions of utility service, particularly in competitive natural gas and electric markets. She has also gained significant experience with energy markets through active participation on behalf of clients in wholesale energy market stakeholder processes in the Mid-Atlantic and New England Regions.
As part of her practice, Susan also advises clients regarding energy and natural gas supply options, including Requests for Proposals for energy service, negotiating retail and wholesale energy contracts, creation of energy services affiliates, and building on-site generation.
In addition, Susan has developed substantial experience in counseling electric and natural gas suppliers and telecommunications providers on regulatory compliance.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Associations
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State YMCA, Board of Directors
- East Shore YMCA, Board of Managers
- Paxton Presbyterian Church, Moderator of the Board of Deacons 2004
- Harrisburg Area YWCA, Tribute to Women of Excellence Award 2004
- Central Penn Business Journal, "Forty Under 40" 2004
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2006
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, 2006
- West Shore Symphony Orchestra, Cellist
Duke University, A.B., 1994, cum laude
The College of William & Mary, J.D., 1997William & Mary Law Review, Senior Articles Editor