Mark is chair of the firm's Healthcare group and a member of the Education Law group.
His practice focuses on serving healthcare clients, primarily hospitals and other healthcare providers. Mark started his career at the firm, became in-house counsel for a large health system in Pennsylvania, and rejoined the firm in 1997. Since rejoining the firm, he has counseled hospitals, health systems, extended care facilities, ambulatory surgical centers, physician groups, and health-related trade associations on a wide variety of legal issues.
For some clients, Mark acts as outside general counsel. For other clients, he acts as special counsel, particularly for complex transactions such as hospital mergers and physician hospital joint ventures. Mark is a frequent author and lecturer on health law.
He resides in Hershey, Pennsylvania with his wife and two children.
Events / Speaking Engagements
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Forum on Healthcare Law
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Association Committee on Health and Hospital Law
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- National Health Lawyers Association
- Hospital Association of Pennsylvania
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Healthcare Law Section
- McNees Management Committee
- McNees Marketing Committee, Chair
- WITF, Board of Directors
Syracuse University, A.B., 1983
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1989, with honors