Elizabeth practices in the Education, Labor and Employment, and Litigation groups.
Liz spends the majority of her time providing general operations assistance to institutions of higher education in many areas including the review and analysis of legislation and the preparation and revision of by-laws, contracts, waivers and releases, policies and procedures, handbooks (faculty, student, and staff) and related documents. She advises institutions of higher education on issues as wide-ranging as disability accommodations (employee and student), student discipline and other student life issue, tenure, promotion, academic freedom and other faculty issues, Title IX, Clery Act, FERPA, and other education-related laws and regulations, athletics concerns, public safety/security issues, crisis management, personnel and human resources matters, and internal grievances.
Liz also practices litigation with an emphasis in education and employment related matters. Elizabeth represents employers and institutions of higher education in all of the federal district courts in the Commonwealth, in various county courts throughout Pennsylvania, and before various agencies, including the Department of Education Office of Civil Rights, the EEOC, and the PHRC.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce, Chair
- NACUA (National Association of College & University Attorneys), Committee on Membership and Member Services
- Penn State Hazleton Council (Penn State Hazleton Advisory Board)
- YWCA of Greater Hazleton, Board Member
- Circle 200
- Kiwanis Club of Hazleton
- St. Gabriel’s Church, Lector
- United Way of Greater Hazleton, Past Chair & Past Campaign Leader
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Past Vice President
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association
- Lower Luzerne County Bar Association
- Hazleton, PA City Solicitor 1988
Bloomsburg State College, B.A., 1980, summa cum laude
Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1983, magna cum laude; Woolsack Honor SocietyDickinson Law Review, Comments Editor 1982-1983