Kendra is Member in Charge for the Lancaster office of McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC.
Bringing her clients over 20 years experience as a litigator, Kendra works to successfully resolve legal problems and disputes for her clients. Her representative clients include financial institutions, companies, shareholders, educational organizations, healthcare institutions and providers, charities and individuals. Focusing on litigation for her entire career, Kendra's courtroom experience includes numerous jury trials, injunction proceedings, hearings, and mediations. Kendra focuses her practice in fiduciary litigation.
Fiduciary Litigation: Kendra works with trust officers, estate administrators, financial institutions, financial advisors, brokers, colleges and other educational institutions, charities, investment advisors, financial planners, securities firms, and individuals to assist them in all matters related to their role as a fiduciary, stakeholder or beneficiary. Serving as counselor, advisor and litigator, examples of Kendra's work for clients include:
- Surcharge actions for regional and national corporate fiduciaries, litigating and advising on issues involving breach of fiduciary duty and the duty of loyalty, investment strategy and investment return as well as fee and commission disputes.
- Reformation of trusts and disputes under the Prudent Investor Rule, Principal and Income Act and Pennsylvania's Uniform Trust Act.
- Risk and liability avoidance counseling to professional corporate fiduciary and trust officers on trust policy, trust in interpretation, discretionary distributions, scope of duty and responsibilities under the Prudent Investor Act, Principal and Income Act and the Uniform Trust Act.
- Complex accounting and administration matters involving estates, trusts, powers of attorney, and guardianships.
- Cy pres matters for charitable organizations, including a cy pres of a $14M trust for a regional healthcare institution, a cy pres under the Will of Thaddeus Stevens, and a cy pres involving a trust for the benefit of a local museum.
- Foundation work for charitable organizations and high net worth individuals who create or benefit existing foundations.
- Appointment as mediator, auditor or special administrator in complex estate matters.
- Will contests, representing stakeholders, contestants, and proponents.
- Contested or difficult guardianship matters.
Commercial and Business Litigation: Kendra has litigated a wide variety of business and commercial disputes involving companies, majority shareholders, minority shareholders and individuals. Kendra's experience encompasses all aspects of the dispute, from pre-litigation counseling and litigation avoidance to trial and appellate work. Kendra assists her clients in evaluating risk associated with the resolution of disputes. Her experience includes representation and counseling: Shareholders in all manner of disputes under shareholder agreements.
- Colleges and healthcare institutions in contract disputes.
- Colleges and other entities in internal investigations to evaluate existing systems and processes and to fashion risk avoidance plans.
- Developers, construction companies, and owners in partition actions and actions to quiet title.
Kendra works collaboratively with out-of-state lawyers and law firms when they find themselves litigating in the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and in Pennsylvania state courts.