Legislative action on today's public policy issues is often a complex and confusing process. A party interested in productive outcomes of governmental actions must be "at the table" when laws are written by the legislature and implemented by agencies.
At McNees Wallace & Nurick we can help you through these challenges by representing you in a broad range of public policy issues before legislative and regulatory bodies. Our multi-disciplinary approach combines the legal, technical and political talents of our team to effectively tackle public policy issues. Our significant experience promotes desired legislative and regulatory action, and we understand all steps of the process — from introduction of proposed legislation to implementation of the regulations. We work with other stakeholders, organizing coalitions of diverse interests, to reach consensus-based reform of critical issues affecting the business community.
The Government Relations Group has utilized these talents in Pennsylvania, Ohio, other states, and at the Federal level on substantial issues including:
- Playing a key role in enacting meaningful utility deregulation, and working through the regulatory process to achieve significant energy savings.
- Taking a lead role in passing precedent-setting environmental legislation that established a system of cost effective clean-up of contaminated sites throughout Pennsylvania.
- Enacting tax changes to assure favorable allocation of tax burdens.
- Working in cooperation with regulatory agencies to remove roadblocks from proper business and industry operations, and avoid the pitfalls of governmental oversight.
- Represent major players within the health care delivery system to affect costs, access and quality issues through legislative and regulatory efforts.
The members of the Government Relations group are prepared to act on your behalf as an advocate throughout the process in a manner that is consistently of the highest ethical and professional standards. In addition to the services offered by the Government Relations group, McNees and the government affairs consulting firm, Pugliese Associates, have formed a strategic alliance agreement to provide clients of both firms with access to a breadth of legal services and a unique government affairs resource in developing and implementing government relations and lobbying strategies in Pennsylvania.