Financial Services and Public Finance
With the complex, fast pace of today's business world, financial institutions, commercial financing companies, creditors and borrowers need legal assistance they can trust to quickly clear the path through intricate financial transactions.
The Financial Services Group at McNees Wallace & Nurick serves their broad legal needs by providing individualized attention and cost-effective service on the full scope of financial issues. We can guide you or your institution through:
- Financing transactions. Our attorneys assist in all secured and unsecured financing and restructuring transactions including: construction, real estate, permanent, asset-based, syndicated credit, venture capital, tax-exempt, bond and other capital markets transactions, floor plan, letter of credit and others. Our experience and depth empowers lenders and borrowers in sophisticated loan transactions from tens to hundreds of millions of dollars, and our staff quickly and accurately close small business loan transactions. We also have vast experience with consumer credit transaction regulations.
- Public finance. Our attorneys represent state and local governments and agencies as issuers of revenue bonds and general obligation bonds for financing the development, construction and operation of a variety of capital projects, including manufacturing facilities, hospitals and other health care facilities, parking facilities, schools and higher education institutions and water and sewer projects. We act as underwriter's counsel for major investment banks in the underwriting of tax-exempt and taxable bonds. We also serve as counsel to conduit borrowers, banks and trustees. We work with our clients in the structuring of a variety of financing techniques for long- and short-term fixed and variable interest rate, revenue-supported and credit-enhanced, tax-exempt and taxable debt issues. We also facilitate alternatives to traditional financing methods, such as interest rate swaps and other derivatives. Through our diverse experience serving as bond counsel for issuers and conduit borrowers, underwriter's counsel, bank counsel and trustee's counsel, we are able to provide our clients with a comprehensive perspective and a range of experience that is critical in helping them deal with their legal issues.
- Bankruptcy related legal services for business clients. Creditors' rights, loan workouts and bankruptcy. Are you a financial institution, creditor or other party involved in an out-of-court workouts business reorganization or Chapter 11 proceeding? Our talented bankruptcy attorneys can successfully represent your interests in local and national bankruptcy cases, including lawsuits from Chapter 11 debtors and creditors' committees in preference, fraudulent transfer and turnover proceedings.
- Corporate structures, mergers and acquisitions. From banks and bank holding companies, to credit unions and insurance companies, our knowledgeable Financial Service attorneys can guide you through the complexities of mergers and acquisitions.
- Commercial transactions. At McNees, we represent business and non-profit clients through a full range of commercial transactions including secured transactions, tax-exempt and other capital market's financings, consignments, warehousing and distribution agreements, and the sales and leasing of goods. We also offer services surrounding the banking industry, including issues regarding check and credit card transactions, bank fraud, negotiable instruments, letter of credit transactions and electronic funds transfers.
- Litigation. Are you part of a financial institution that requires representation in federal or state court for lender liability, securities, loan enforcement, negotiable instruments, or trust and fiduciary matters? The McNees Financial Services Group unites with our Business Litigation Group to provide legal representation in these challenges to offer you a quick, effective resolution.
- Business counseling, corporate organization and regulatory matters. Our attorneys regularly advise clients in federal and state regulatory matters, anti-takeover practices, director and shareholder relationships and responsibilities and securities matters — including private placements, syndications and registrations.
- Marketing and technology. For marketing and technology issues, the Financial Services experts at McNees Wallace & Nurick team up with the firm's Intellectual Property Group. Whether your concerns involve Internet banking, e-commerce and technology acquisition and licensing — or marketing matters like trademark and copyright protection and advertising regulations — our powerful expertise forms the foundation for quick, effective solutions.
- Trust and fiduciary matters. For trust, fiduciary, brokerage and investment matters, our Financial Services leaders work with the talented strategies in Asset Planning and Federal Taxation to advise on your most complex questions.