Curt is Chair of the Oil and Gas Group, and practices in the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics Group and also in Environmental Law and Toxic Tort Group.
His oil and gas practice includes counseling producers, service companies and landowners on the full spectrum of work, from leasing to well permitting, water acquisition, hydraulic fracturing, waste disposal, well completion, and production. He has represented large acreage landowners including individuals, businesses and trusts in lease negotiations, and a variety of service businesses in transactions and regulatory compliance. His transportation practice includes counseling motor carriers, logistics providers, and consumers on legal issues of freight transportation, the Carmack Amendment, bills of lading, and transportation agreements, as well as compliance with the motor carrier safety regulations. Curt also litigates cases involving oil and gas, environmental and transportation issues.
Events / Speaking Engagements
Memberships and Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Agricultural Law Committee
- Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association, Safety Management Council
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Carlisle Summerfair, Board of Directors; Chair, Finance Committee
- Leadership Cumberland – Board of Directors
- Carlisle Fish & Game Association, Board of Directors
- PA Game Commission, Certified Hunter Safety Instructor
- Central Penn Business Journal, "Forty Under 40"
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2005, 2006, 2007
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Transportation Law
Shippensburg University, B.S., 1994
Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1997
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1998
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2000
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2000
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2007
U.S. Supreme Court, 2001