Elizabeth practices in the Asset Planning and Federal Taxation, and the Automotive Dealership groups.
Her practice focuses on business succession planning, estate administration, non-profit formation and compliance and probate litigation. Elizabeth advises clients on estate planning issues ranging from preparing simple and complex wills, support trusts for disabled beneficiaries and generation-skipping transfer tax planning.
In the area of estate administration, she frequently deals with the valuation, taxation, reporting and distribution of complex estates, many of which include closely-held business interests. Elizabeth has substantial experience in various post-mortem tax issues involving distribution choices and fiduciary income tax planning.
She has extensive experience in various probate court proceedings, both adversarial and not, including will contests, disputes over estate and trust administration, guardianship appointments for disabled adults and trust modifications.
Elizabeth lectures on estate planning, will and trust drafting, and tax preparation for many organizations, including the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Central Pennsylvania Estate Planning Council
- Greater Harrisburg Foundation Professional Advisors Council
- Concertante, immediate past board president
- Harrisburg Young Professionals (HYP), Director emerita; former president
- Harrisburg Parks Partnership, Past director; officer
- Leadership Harrisburg Area Graduate
- Central Penn Business Journal, "Forty Under 40"
- Harrisburg Area YWCA, Tribute to Women of Excellence Award
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts and Estates section
- LGBT Center Coalition, Board Member; Secretary
Boston College, B.A., 1991
University of Pittsburgh, J.D., 1995, cum laudeJournal of Law and Commerce, Editor-in-Chief1994-1995